Phoenix Headache Institute
7054 E. Cochise Rd. # B230
Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Phone: (480) 961-2365 (Ask to schedule for PHI or Dr. Eross)
Fax: (480) 961-2382
Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM
About the Center
Headaches are one of the most common problems that lead to people seeking help from their physician. Headaches and migraine, when left untreated, can be debilitating resulting in loss of work and school as well as important activities. Migraine may be the most common cause of headache, however, there are many other causes of headaches. Your headache may be caused by things like infection, increased brain pressure, certain medications, sleep disturbance, hormonal changes or even tumor. Your physician at Phoenix Headache Institute will work diligently to discover the cause of your headache. This will involve a thorough history and neurologic examination as well as specific tests if necessary that are chosen specifically to help diagnose your problem. This will allow you to know the best treatment options available for your type of headache.
The headache specialists at Phoenix Headache Institute remain on the cutting edge of treatment and research. They are specially trained to consider all possible causes for your headache and are very familiar with all treatment options available. Many treatments are available for all types of headaches. Treatment must be individualized for each patient to reduce side effects and increase effectiveness.
In addition to oral medication, there are many other possible treatments available for you and your headache. Phoenix headache Institute has providers that will allow a holistic approach to treating your headache with alternative therapies such as cranial sacral therapy, acupuncture, herbal therapies, stress reduction. The Phoenix Headache Institute in Ahwatukee has an infusion center for more difficult to control headaches. Injections may be performed at either the Scottsdale or Ahwatukee location.
Foothills Neurology has been in the East Valley of the Phoenix Metro area for over 20 years and is known to provide its patients with the personal attention that they need and deserve. Book your appointment now online or call 480-961-2365.
Eric J. Eross, DO
Dr. Eross is the Director of The Phoenix Headache Institute, Founder & President of Gila Sciences, INC; Assistant Clinical Professor at Midwestern University, and Clinical faculty at Honor Healthcare Family Practice Residency Program.
Kristin Plyer, PA-C
Kristin has a special interest in headache medicine and sees patients at the Phoenix Headache Institute in Scottsdale, Arizona for all varieties of headache conditions. She is particularly interested in educating patients regarding migraine and menstrual-related migraine headaches.
McKenzie Millner, RDN
McKenzie is an Arizona native who received her Master of Science in Nutritional Science from Arizona State University in Phoenix, Arizona. She completed her Dietetic Internship with the Phoenix VA Healthcare system with a concentration in clinical nutrition research. McKenzie provides Medical Nutrition Therapy to help patients reach their health goals and sees patients at the Ahwatukee office and the Phoenix Headache Institute in Scottsdale, Arizona.
JoAnn Richi, MC, LPC
JoAnn Richi is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Specializes in treating Anxiety.
Specializing in Headaches
- Chronic and episodic migraine
- The relationship between sinus disease and migraine
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri)
- Cluster headache (episodic and chronic)
- Sinus headache
- Idiopathic stabbing headache
- Indomethacin responsive headaches
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Spontaneous intracranial hypotension/low CSF headache
- Cervicogenic headache
- SUNCT syndrome
- Exercise-induced headache
- Hypnic headache
- Burning mouth syndrome
- The use of Botox® and anti-CGRP monoclonal antibody therapies for the prevention of migraine
- Headache in children and the elderly
- Headaches secondary to cerebrospinal fluid leaks and indomethacin responsive headache syndromes (IRHS)
- Hemicrania continua
- Tension-type headache
- Paroxysmal hemicrania (episodic and chronic)
- Occipital neuralgia
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (aka pseudotumor cerebri)
- Migraine with aura/migraine aura without headache
- Hemiplegic/Basillar migraine
- Cough headache
- Headache associated with sexual activity
- New daily persistent headache
- Glossopharyngeal neuralgia
Treatments We Specialize In
- complex management/monitoring of pharmaceuticals
- nutraceutical/herbal preparations
- chemodenervation/Botox® injections
- dietary management
- headache trigger discovery and avoidance
- stress reduction/management
- sleep optimization
- osteopathic manipulation
- massage therapy
- physical therapy
- psychological counseling
- occipital nerve blockade/stimulation
- trigger point injections
- trigeminal nerve blockade/ablation
- sphenopalatine ganglion blockade
- transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- vagal nerve stimulation