Neuropathy refers to any malfunction or disease involving the nerves. Foothills Neurology has a team of specialists dedicated to diagnosing and relieving the disruption caused by neuropathy. Our neuropathy treatment near Tempe begins with the most advanced diagnostic tools. We customize pain management and treatment strategies that can ease, and in some cases even reverse, the progressions of neuropathy disorders.
Our goal is to reduce or eliminate pain, gain back nerve function when possible, and restore you to a manageable lifestyle. The highly-educated, and experienced team at our Neuropathy Center of Excellence help individuals and their families regain control of their lives.
What are some common neuropathy conditions?
- Diabetic Neuropathy – About half of individuals with diabetes will develop diabetic neuropathy. It generally starts with a sensation of numbness or tingling in the feet, followed by the hands. Recent developments in diabetic neuropathy treatment have improved diagnostics and treatment plans for this condition. It has even become possible to reverse the progression of diabetic neuropathy in some cases.
- Peripheral Neuropathy – This type of neuropathy results in problems with sensory, motor, and autonomic function in the peripheral nerves. Symptoms include weakness, pain, numbness, and tingling in the feet and hands. It ranges from intermittent symptoms that come and go to debilitating pain. Peripheral neuropathy is commonly misdiagnosed. Our neurologists have the expertise to recognize and accurately diagnose peripheral neuropathy. We work with patients to form a peripheral neuropathy treatment that manages the disorder and eases the symptoms. The earlier this condition is caught the more successful the treatment will be, as it is most controllable in the early stages.
- Cranial Neuropathy – Cranial nerves are those that arise from the brain, not the spinal cord. Any injury to these twelve nerves is diagnosed as cranial neuropathy. Some of the more common conditions resulting from damage to these nerves include Bell’s palsy, optic neuropathy, and audio neuropathy. Symptoms range from pain to impairments in vision, movement, hearing, and facial musculature. Neuropathy treatment for such conditions will depend on the root cause. First, we diagnose the specific disorder, then our specialists develop a cranial neuropathy treatment relating to the root cause and particular constellation of symptoms.
Other types of neuropathy treatment near Tempe include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Cancer-Related Neuropathies
- Compressive Neuropathies
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Drug-Induced and Toxic Neuropathy
- G.I. and Nutrition-Related Neuropathies
- Hereditary Neuropathies
- Immune-Mediated and CIDP
- Infectious Diseases and Neuropathy
- Neuropathic Pain
- Chemotherapy Induced Neuropathy
Accurate Diagnosis and Neuropathy Treatment near Tempe
Our specialists and offer the comprehensive diagnostics and neuropathy treatment near Tempe that so many of our patients have been searching for. We stay current on up-to-the-moment developments from studies and innovations in neuropathy. Our neurologists work as a team to share information and support the best care of each patient. We are committed to helping you find lasting relief.
Taking the time to get to know you, the specifics of your neuropathy, as well as your lifestyle and habits helps us develop a unique neuropathy treatment suited for your specific condition. When you come to us, you will be treated as an individual, not a list of symptoms. Each treatment is designed for and with the patient. We see you as an important part of the team.
Contact us today for your neuropathy treatment near Tempe and take the first step in getting your life back.